Via D. Keith Robinson, five tips for aspiring fiction writers from George R. R. Martin:
- Finish what you write.
- Market what you write.
- Don't rewrite a finished work unless an editor tells you to.
- Start with short stories.
And I'm thinking, doesn't this apply to productivity in general? Let's try:
- Do something (get started and keep going). Don't stop.
- Finish what you've started.
- Use the results; move on to the next step. (I could elaborate on this. Some other time.)
- When you're done, you're done. It's good enough. Don't go back to change it.
- Take on small tasks to gain momentum. This will give you the feel of progress, and more energy to keep the ball rolling.