Making a variant of Gerrit Rietveld's "Red and Blue" chair has been on my sometime/maybe list for quite some time.
I spent the better part of last night making this model of it out of matches and glue. (And some sewing thread, actually - you can see the half-assed knots I made for extra strength around the front leg joints. I'm such a boy scout.)
No, you're right. It's not sane. But fun.
The seat and back are cut from the matchbox, and the paint job is a very professional mix of black magic marker, red fountain pen, blue freezer pen, and a yellow highlighter.
Thanks to the glue being somewhat elastic, the whole thing has a nice flex to it, which I only wish I could replicate in a full-size chair. I'm afraid the contact glue approach doesn't scale very well, though.